I was doing some research on the weekend and stumbled across some amazing facts related to social media.
* More than half of the world’s population is under 30.
* Facebook tops Google (Google) for weekly U.S. Internet (Internet) traffic.
* Ashton Kutcher and Britney Spears have more Twitter followers than the populations of Sweden, Israel, Switzerland, Ireland, Norway and Panama.
* 50% of mobile Internet traffic in the UK is on Facebook.
* During the 4+ minutes it takes to watch the video, more than 100 hours’ worth of video will be uploaded to YouTube (YouTube).
* Amazon sold more electronic books for the Kindle than physical books on Christmas.
* If you were paid $1 for each posted Wikipedia (Wikipedia) article, you’d make $1,712.32 per hour.
What does all this mean? If you aren't pointing your company or yourself towards some sort of social media profile, you'll be left behind. It's the future as much as email became an essential tool of business.
At Ontrack we gear all of our offerings towards social media optimizing. We are going in on a daily basis, bringing up the various layers of projects, changing urls, tightening the sell and uploading to various social portals to help clients micro sell their message.